Dealing with the complications of a car accident can be challenging, especially if you aren’t sure where to begin. If you’ve been involved in a serious car crash caused by the negligence of another individual, it’s important to remember you have the legal right to seek compensation for your losses. Our Austin car accident attorney at The Law Office of Will Mitchell can help you sort out the details of your case and get your life back on track.
Reasons to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer
Fighting for Compensation Is Difficult Without Assistance
Without legal assistance, fighting for compensation can be an uphill climb. Just because you were fortunate enough to walk away from a car accident without severe injuries, doesn’t mean you don’t have a case worth pursuing.
Benefits of hiring a car accident attorney include:
- Experience: We can help you evaluate your situation and determine what compensation you may be entitled to. Our attorney is knowledgeable of state laws to ensure your rights are protected and that your legal strategy is geared toward receiving maximum compensation.
- Representation: If the other party’s insurer does not offer sufficient compensation, you may need to file a lawsuit. Our lawyer can help you organize evidence and fight for your compensation.
- Negotiation: Our attorney knows how to handle insurance companies. We’ll be able to negotiate with insurers to help you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
- Support: Our lawyer can help you collect evidence such as images, medical records, video footage, and accident reports to prove your claim to insurers and in court if necessary.
Insurance companies have legal teams who work hard to limit car accident payouts. Without an attorney fighting on your behalf, you could miss the opportunity to recoup your losses. Our legal team will fight for you, whether that means going to court or negotiating a fair settlement on your behalf. Once our team has reviewed your case, we can develop a strategy that addresses your individual experience.
Compensation You May be Entitled to After a Car Accident
After a car accident, there are several types of compensation you may be entitled to in Texas, including the following:
- Car rental costs
- Car repair/replacement costs
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
Determining which of these benefits you are entitled to can be complex. However, our attorney can help you in this process to support your compensation efforts.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents can be a traumatic experience, as they often cause severe injuries to individuals involved. It's not uncommon for victims of car accidents and their families to experience physical, emotional, and financial stress. Even if you feel unscathed after the accident initially, signs of injury may surface later on.
Many of the most common car accident injuries can lead to hefty medical bills. Injuries may include:
- Back Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
If you’ve suffered any of these physical setbacks caused by a car accident in Austin, Attorney Mitchell can help you file a claim to seek the compensation needed to recover from your injuries. There is a statute of limitations on car accident claims, and you have two years from the time of the accident to file a lawsuit for compensation.
At The Law Office of Will Mitchell, we will review the details of your car crash and help you put together a plan to get the compensation you deserve. With over 18 years of experience, we have the knowledge and skillset to help you in your situation. Don’t go through the aftermath of a car accident alone.
Call (512) 858-8611 or reach out to us online today.
Builds a Relationship with Each Client from the Start
Easily Accessible for Clients to Reach Out
Significant Trial Experience to Both Juries & Judges
A Compassionate & Tireless Fighter
Strives to Get the Best & Most Personalized Outcome
Exclusively Focused on Criminal Defense for Over 18 Years